Monday, July 28, 2014

Swaps

A friend of mine asked me to join a swap she was organising and I did.
We are to swap 4 different items over the year.
We've just completed our second swap, which was
"Tilda".


I was lucky to receive gifts from Christine and they were perfect!


Thank you Christine.
(sorry should have rotated the picture first)

I was to send to Cheryl.  I have never met Cheryl so this made the task a little tricky.
Plus we were in the process of moving house, so most of my sewing supplies were in boxes.


I made a pouch with a Tilda illustration that I stitched on the front.


I used Tilda fabric for the back.


A scissors keeper/pin cushion combo and stork scissors.
Again using Tilda fabric.


A hoop holder and small needle case,
again using Tilda fabric.


A flour sack tea towel that I embellished with a strip of Tilda.
These are great for drying dishes.


It all fits inside the pouch.


All wrapped up and ready to go.
There was also a box of chocolates that almost didn't make the trip.


A fun swap enjoyed by all, I think.

6 comments:

  1. You got some lovely goodies from Christine and I do like what you made... very clever ideas.. the little zippy pouch is just lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift exchange. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was an awesome swap Clairebear love what Christine sent you and i love what you sent Cheryl,it has been so much fun seeing everyones take on the tilda swap,my friends you all did so well,hope you have a wonderful day Claire.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sent and received were both perfect Claire,,,,it was a fab swap...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOoHoo... I love them all too! Lucky GaL !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Claire. I am impressed that you were able to keep up with swaps in the middle of moving and hundreds of boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.