Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pretty fabric and a new project.

I found this fabric in Spotlight and fell in love.
I am kicking myself now for not buying more of it.

I know, I know, there is always more pretty fabric coming.


I just have such a hard time cutting into the really beautiful stuff.
It's really quite silly because it is just fabric.
There will always be fabric.
I will always buy fabric.


And so, this very pretty fabric is to become the central
focus of a quilt for a lady that I work with.


This is the basic block.
Text fabric in the centre.
One of either blue/pink/green to surround it.
Orange corners.
All the blocks will then be surrounded by an orange border 
with more of the pretty text print as a wide final border.

So I have started it - in fact it is almost all cut out but,
will it be finished on time?
School finishes on the 20th of December.

9 comments:

  1. It certainly bus gorgeous fabric. I love how the block looks. I sure you will finish the quilt seeing you have 11 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric. Enjoy putting it together!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you can do it Claire... just remember to "smile" while sewing. With the chosen fabric... that shouldn't be too hard to do... ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such gorgeous fabric Claire think i will go to spotlight today,have a lovely sunday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have every confidence that you will and that it will be stunning. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely gorgeous fabric. Should be lovely when finished. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous fabric and the block looks great. Just enjoy sewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.