Thursday, January 31, 2013

Me…


I’m back at work…I love my job…but I’m tired…I haven’t touched needle/thread/fabric/notion/sewing machine/pattern ALL week (I was going to say button but I did look and touch my new ones when they arrived but not since).  I don’t want people to feel sorry for me because it is only temporary – it’s like report writing time, everything else stops and it’s the same for the start of the school year, well for me anyway.
I have been printing, cutting, marking, assessing, analysing data, plotting progress, comparing results and checking up on some of my kids from last year.  It’s an unusual time and it’s hard to explain to people why you get so tired, but I think it is a combination of a few things, getting to know your new kids, working out where they are at, what they need, who their friends are, likes/dislikes – all of that and more.  Multiply that by 28…no wonder I’m tired, lol.
But the postie did visit again and all I’ve done it open the package and move the contents to beside my bed.  Hopefully at some stage this weekend I will look more closely.

   010011012

I have signed up with Cheryll for her monthly gathering – I’m hoping it will motivated me to make something.
                                                                                   
FnwF

5 comments:

  1. You definitely need some Claire time but the sounds of it. Enjoy a bit of stitching tonight with us. Even if it is just planning from those lovely new books you ave received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that last book looks gorgeous!
    Take care of yourself during this busy time. The materials and buttons will be there when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great parcels. I was going o sew but was up too early and quite tired. Will do some sewing tomorrow.
    Love the freshness of a new school year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.