Sunday, April 15, 2012

Carmel's Quilt

I have been meaning to post this since December...oh well, better later than never.

I decided last year to make Carmel a quilt for Christmas - she and I worked together last year and became very close.  I wanted to make her a quilt and I wanted it to be special and personal.  I wasn't going to tell her about it but it was rather tricky to find out what colours she would like without fessing up. In the end I did tell her what I was up to.  I sent her too look at a couple of web sites for fabrics and she and her husband chose some fabrics.  I then ordered them and came up with this...

photo courtesy of Carmel

She loves it and so did her family - it now lives at their holiday house in Cowes.  I am happy it was so well received.  I think there will be lots of snuggling and book reading/movie watching happening under this one!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, Claire :). I especially like the yellow and green framing. What a wonderful friend you are to make this.

    Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - I would love to hear from you.